Policies to Protect Your Family During COVID-19
To remain in effect until further notice - last updated 7/7/2020
The Governor has issued a proclamation requiring all businesses in Washington State to mandate mask wearing by customers indoors as well as outdoors when six feet of distancing is not possible. Please bring a mask for each adult and child over five years of age in your party. Masks will be required at all departments, including our food service. Even though Duke's Diner features an outdoor walk-up window, the proximity of customers and staff when placing your order necessitates the wearing of a mask.
Grant County is current in Phase 2 and Sun Lakes is adhering to the guidelines issued by the Governor's office, state and local health departments, and the CDC.
We have implemented strict protocols for protecting our guests and our staff during this time.
Please do not plan to visit Sun Lakes if you have been asked to quarantine or tested positive for COVID, if you have any symptoms and have not been tested or not received your test results, or if you have had contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID even if you do not currently have symptoms.
Please do not plan to visit Sun Lakes if you are not prepared to adhere to general social distancing guidelines as well as our specific policies. This includes wearing masks where required as well as supervising children and pets to ensure they honor the space of other guests. Violators will be asked to leave.
Our protocols for our cabin accommodations:
- Each cabin is left to air out for as long as possible between stays to reduce the probability that any virus could linger in the air in between stays. We will be using medical grade air scrubbers when possible to circulate and filter the air faster.
- Housekeepers wearing masks, gloves, and long sleeves remove all linens including bedding, towels, shower curtain, futon covers, etc. Extra care is taken to remove these articles gently to reduce the possibility of spreading any virus particles.
- Housekeepers thoroughly clean and sanitize each cabin using a bleach water solution, a hospital grade disinfectant, and a disinfectant furniture polish. All touch points (knobs, handles, faucets, light switches, etc.) receive a second sanitization by our head housekeeper when she personally inspects each cabin.
- Fresh linens are stocked from our laundry facility. Dirty linens are kept outside our facility for sorting and carried directly to our washer from the porch so as not to cross-contaminate clean linens.
- Housekeeping staff change out their PPE and thoroughly wash their hands and arms between every cabin.
- Clean linen exchange is available during your stay. Please do not enter our laundry facility. Our staff will speak to you through our window and send your linens out in a freshly sanitized basket.
- All decorative throw pillows have been removed from our units.
- Every cabin (including each side of the duplex units) has its own dedicated air conditioning/heating units.
Our protocols in the RV Park:
- Each site is generally spaced out by 30 feet or more.
- We recommend using the restroom in your RV if you have one. Each of our sites provides full water and sewer hookup.
- Tent camping is discouraged due to the requirement of using shared bathroom facilities. We are honoring all pre-existing tent camping reservations, however, we reserve the right to decline new tent camping reservations, or to cancel existing ones if the Governor or other state or local agencies deem it necessary.
- Public restrooms, shower facilities, and coin-operated laundry are now open.
- Public restrooms and shower facilities are cleaned twice daily. We continue to recommend using the bathroom in your RV or cabin if available, and wash / sanitize your hands after using any shared facilities.
Additional protocols and options for our guests:
- Social distancing will be enforced in our facilities. We are limiting access to our gift shop, reservation office, and store. Guests are expected to observe the appropriate six foot (or greater) distance from other guests at all times.
- We encourage remote check-in and pre-pay so that you do not have to enter our office to check in or to check out. Call us to arrange before you arrive.
- Staff who will have customer contact will be wearing masks.
- We are sanitizing counters, doors, and other touch points very frequently. We recommend you use hand sanitizer and/or wash your hands after visiting any of our facilities.
- The pool will remain closed until Grant County is at least into Phase 3. At this time, there is no estimated date when that will happen.
- We encourage you to bring food from Duke's Diner back to your cabin or site and ask that you please not congregate in the common areas.
All other amenities besides the pool are open and available with protocols in place.
We appreciate your patience as these new protocols may cause delays in service.
Please inquire at 509-632-5291 for more details or to make a reservation.
Discover Pass Info
No Discover Pass Needed!
We've had questions about the State Park's Discover Pass, which is required to use any State Park in Washington.
Although Sun Lakes is located within a State Park, we are a family-owned private resort and you do NOT need a Discover Pass to stay with us, or to visit the resort for day-use as long as you stay within our facilities. Our overnight guests are given a car tag that also allows you to travel to other areas within the State Park.